Creamy Honey Potato Casserole
Super simple yet incredibly satisfying sliced potato bake. Hints of thyme, garlic and cream compliment the sweet savory honey mustard for a side or main meal.
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 pounds Golden potatoes - peeled
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 4 oz Butter – melted (one stick)
- 6 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 Tbsp Thyme -fresh picked and chopped
- ½ C Plochman's Harvest Honey Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 oz Water
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Parchment paper – to line baking dish
- 9x13 Baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. remove the thyme leaves and roughly chop, in a 1 qt. saucepan, melt the butter then add in the garlic let this simmer for a few minutes to cook the garlic.
- Deposit the heavy cream into the pan and bring to a simmer, next add the Harvest Honey Mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate cup mix the corn starch and just enough water to wet the corn starch, stir until a consistent slurry is created. Then pour a little of the slurry at a time into the simmering cream mix and stir until sauce thickens to desired consistency, you may not use all the corn starch slurry.
- Sauce should be pourable but not gloppy, then turn off the heat and whisk again.
- Peel and slice each potato, slice the potatoes into very thin rounds, 1/8-inch thick, Hold your potatoes in a bowl of water until you arrange to bake.
- Arrange each potato in a 9x13 parchment lined baking dish, then spread a thin layer of cream on the parchment paper. Once all potatoes are arranged, cover with remaining cream mixture.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until fork tender. If desired garnish dish with any extra Thyme Serve warm.