Creamy Tarragon Chicken & Mashed Potatoes
Plochman's Creamy Tarragon Chicken & Mashed Potatoes starts with boneless chicken breasts and coats them in a mix of Deli Dijon Mustard and Original Stone Ground Mustard.
Active Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Plochman’s Bourbon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Plochman’s Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon)
- 1 1/2 pounds mashed potatoes, prepared
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 10–12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add minced shallots to the skillet and stir briskly. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue stirring for 30–40 seconds. Add chicken stock and cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Whisk in cream, mustards and tarragon. Whisk for 5–6 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- On a warm platter, spoon hot mashed potatoes down the center. Cut warm chicken breasts into thick slices and arrange on mashed potatoes.
- Right before serving, spoon cream sauce over chicken and top with parsley.