Heirloom Tomato and Bacon Caprese Salad
Plochman's Heirloom Tomato and Bacon Caprese Salad contains rice vinegar, shallots, garlic, Kosciusko Spicy Brown Mustard, canola oil, and lemon juice.
Active Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Plochman’s Kosciusko Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 pound fresh ciliegine mozzarella
- Whisk vinegar, shallots, garlic, lemon juice and mustard together.
- Slowly pour oil in a thin stream into vinegar mixture while whisking. Whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomatoes, bacon and basil with dressing. When well-mixed, fold in mozzarella.